The Disability Ministries Committee of the United Methodist Church (DMC) is able to gratefully receive donations in three ways: the Advance, PayPal, or by check.
You can also make out a check to General Commission on Religion and Race and mail it to GCORR, Attn: Christina Yates/DMC, 100 Maryland Ave NE Ste 315, Washington, DC 20002.
Be sure to write “DMC Donation” on the memo line.
Your gifts make a difference to help churches become more accessible and inclusive. Your gifts support projects like these:
- Awarding grants to help fund church ramps, lifts, elevators, automatic door openers, and accessible restrooms
- Awarding grants to help fund sensory spaces and equipment for children’s inclusive ministries
- Providing resources through an up-to-date and accessible DMC website and via social media
- Consulting with churches and members regarding accessibility, advocacy, and resource needs
- Developing Disability Awareness workshops, training, and content for Disability Awareness Sunday observances
The Disability Ministries Committee, a ministry partner of the General Commission on Religion and Race, does not receive apportioned funds from the Church. We rely on gifts from General Agencies, annual conferences, congregations, and individuals to continue this important work. Because we receive no assistance from Church general funds, your support is vital.
Please consider sharing part of your church’s annual Disability Awareness Sunday offering with the DMC. Other ideas include designating part of your Christmas or Easter collections for the DMC.
Thank you for supporting Disability Ministries!