Your donations make a difference. They have funded part or all of the following ministries:
- Church entry ramps, lifts and elevators
- Sensory equipment and toys for childrens’ play areas
- Cost reimbursements to DMC volunteer members and consultants related to consulting and audits for churches
- Speaker fees and materials for church programs such as Disability Awareness Sundays and Workshops
- DMC Website (and social media) hosting, development and maintenance
- Connecting churches and conferences to specific United Methodist disability ministries and resources
Ways to donate money to Disability Ministries, an important yet unfunded UM program:
The Committee is currently under the authority of the United Methodist Council of Bishops. Our resources are free and many volunteer hours provide them, but your gifts are our only source of funding for grants, a small part-time staff, and expenses as we conduct trainings and workshops. We receive no assistance from apportionments.
- Designate part of your church’s annual Disability Ministries Sunday or Christmas or Easter collection to to the UMCOR Advance (ADVANCE # 3021054). Note Disability Ministries Committee and #3021054 on your donations.
- Make a personal donation to the DMC and send to: Peninsula-Delaware Conference, 139 N. State Street. Dover, Delaware, 19901 Attn: COB-Disability Ministries Committee.
- Contact your jurisdictional representative and or Annual Conference Disability Committee and ask how to donate to specific projects in your location.