Your donations make a difference and help churches be accessible. When you donate to the Advance #3021054 Disability Ministries:
- Church entry ramps, lifts and elevators get constructed.
- Sensory equipment and toys enrich childrens’ play areas.
- Grants that pay for speaker fees for programs such as Disability Awareness Sundays and Workshops can ease small church budgets.
- DMC Website and social media hosting, along with their development and maintenance, stay current and accessible.
- DMC volunteers who consult and do audits for churches can be compensated for mileage and materials costs.
- Volunteers and consultants can help churches and conferences locate specific United Methodist disability ministries and resources.
- News about connected disability ministries in the church gets updated weekly at the Disability Ministries blog.
Ways to donate money to Disability Ministries, an important yet unfunded UM program:
The Committee is a partner ministry under the General Commission on Religion and Race. Our resources are free and many volunteer hours provide them. With your gifts, the DMC funds GRANTS that provide the above programs. Also, when you donate, DMC can pay part-time staff, and can cover expenses, when we trainings and workshops. The DMC receives no assistance from apportionments.
- Please designate part of your church’s annual Disability Ministries Sunday or Christmas or Easter collection to to the UMCOR Advance (ADVANCE # 3021054). Note Disability Ministries Committee and #3021054 on your donations.
- Donate on-line to the Advance #3021054.
- Contact your jurisdictional representative or Annual Conference Disability Committee. Ask how to donate to specific projects in your area.