When you donate, you make a difference. You help churches to be accessible. When you donate to The Advance #3021054, we can fund projects like these:
- Church entry ramps, lifts and elevators
- Sensory equipment and toys that enrich children’s play areas
- Speaker fees and programs such as Disability Awareness Sundays and Workshops, easing small church budgets
- Keeping the DMC website and social media current and accessible, and consulting with churches on similar projects
- Reimbursing volunteers who consult and do church audits for mileage and materials costs
- Helping churches and conferences find United Methodist disability resources.
Ways to donate money to Disability Ministries Committee, an important yet unfunded UM program:
The DMC partners with the General Commission on Religion and Race. Because volunteers provide many hours to produce resources, most are free. With your gifts, the DMC funds GRANTS for programs. Also, when you donate, the DMC can pay part-time staff. Since we receive no assistance from general funds, we need your help.
The DMC uses The Advance for donations. This is an accountable, designated giving arm of The United Methodist Church that ensures 100% of each gift is used for its intended mission or ministry.
- Please share part of your church’s annual Disability Ministries Sunday to Disability Ministries. In addition, some churches give part of their Christmas or Easter collection through Advance #3021054. Note “Disability Ministries Committee” and “#3021054” on your donations.
- Also, donate on-line to the Advance #3021054.
- Contact your local representative or Annual Conference Disability Committee. Ask how to donate to specific projects in your area.
Thank you for supporting Disability Ministries