Being in Ministry with all people
The Flames and The Well groups in Minnesota and Matthew’s Ministry in Kansas are churches in vibrant ministry with people who have intellectual disabilities. If your church has a ministry to share, please contact .
Flames Sunday School and confirmation series engages and prepares teens and adults of all abilities to participate in worship and church life. Use it in n classes for teens and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Or it can supplement materials in typical student classes. It has United Methodist beliefs written at a 3rd grade reading level. One pastor taught the communion lesson a week prior to starting communion serving by persons with autism, brain injuries and intellectual disabilities. Lessons include songs from the United Methodist Hymnal, Chuck Knows Church videos, Bible verses, discussion, prayer, and hands-on activities.
Use these lessons in any order in your church setting, to help Christians relate to others at church, home, work, school, and the community.
Overview and Lessons
- Leaders Confirmation Lesson Plans- An Overview PDF
- Leaders Lesson Planning PDF
- Lesson 1 God Created Everything D. Hills PDF
- Lesson 2 We Are Created in God’s Image PDF
- Lesson 3 People of Israel PDF Larsen
- Lesson 3 BINGO call sheet PDF
- Lesson 4 The Bible: God’s Love PDF
- Lesson 5 Trusting God Larsen PDF
- Lesson 6 God Revealed in Jesus Larsen PDF
- Lesson 7 Baptism D Draeger PDFLesson 8 Communion D Draeger PDF
- Lesson 9 Confirmation A Commitment to Believe Hoffmann PDF