Funds for Programs, Equipment and Scholarships
A wide variety of agencies grant funds for disability ministries, for uses such as modifying spaces, buying equipment, and starting programs. There are also programs that offer scholarships.
The Disability Ministries Committee helps fund accessibility and inclusion projects. The annual cycle closes July 1st each year. A Grant Application Form that includes requirements and examples can be downloaded as a Microsoft Word document.
Visit Examples of recent DMC funded grants and their outcomes to get an idea of information the DMC Committee needs to fund your project or program and the amount of funds available for grants.
Other grants that we know of include:
- Pathways offers Open Hearts Awards grants for congregational access. Apply by August 1st.
- The Retirement Research Foundation offers Accessible Faith Grants for improvements in Chicago area.
- Southeastern Jurisdiction offers Renfro Trust Grants to small, rural churches.
- United Methodist churches seeking to develop Deaf or hard-of-hearing ministries may apply for a Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries grant.
- For United Methodists, Loans & Scholarships are available from the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry
For more information, or to share with your congregation, see our Funding sources information (PDF).