Funds for Programs, Equipment and Scholarships
There are funds related to disability ministries. These include grants to modify spaces, buy equipment, start programs and offer scholarships. People seeking scholarships can also look for local sources.
The Disability Ministries Committee helps fund accessibility and inclusion projects. Applications are accepted in an annual cycle. It closes July 1st each year. An application form that includes requirements and examples can be downloaded as a Microsoft Word Document.
Visit Examples of recent DMC funded grants and their outcomes to get an idea of information the DMC Committee needs to fund your project or program and the amount of funds available for grants.
- Pathways offers Open Hearts Awards grants for congregational access. Apply by August 1st.
- The Retirement Research Foundation offers Accessible Faith Grants for improvements in Chicago area.
- Southeastern Jurisdiction offers Renfro Trust Grants to small, rural churches.
- United Methodist churches seeking to develop Deaf or hard-of-hearing ministries may apply for a Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries grant.
- Additional funding sources: