Prayer is vital to faithful worship and is enabled by the Holy Spirit. These prayers are examples of ways to connect with God during worship, at workshops and conferences and classrooms and camp experiences. Please credit authors.
- Prayer of the Day (with inclusive language) by Jo D’Archangelis Fallbrook UMC, CA 2011
- Prayer of Confession (Christ Invites all to the Table). Adapted from Southeastern United Methodist Agency for Rehabilitation (SEMAR) 2004
- Prayer of Sending (Benediction Response, Help us to be Inclusive) Adapted from Rev. Dr. Thomas W. Binford, III
- Prayer of Thanksgiving (inclusive language, Thanks for Jesus-modeled, life of service). Adapted by Rev. Amanda Larsen, Red Wing UMC, Minnesota
- Prayer before Communion (Great Thanksgiving). Adapted by Taylor Burton-Edwards, © 2015 The General Board of Discipleship of The UM Church. Used by permission.
- Prayer for Mental Health Recovery and Awareness Day (with inclusive language) by Rev. Susan Gregg-Schroeder
- Pastoral Prayer for Mental Health Sunday, Harriet Wilkin in Word or PDF (2021)
- Litany and prayers for Blue Christmas by Bonnie Kinschner, One Mind Mental Illness Ministry, Word and PDF
- Changing our Attitudes Toward Mental Health, an order of worship for a devotional service, by Rev. Dave Barnhart